1. If I sit almost completeky still, and only move my fingers, my pain level is only about a four.
2. Waiting for the doctor’s office to call with lab results is a sucky nightmare.
He’s fast asleep, pinning my legs, which helps a lot with that whole sitting still thing.
4. Star Wars tomorrow. if you don’t like Star Wars, I feel sad for you, but won’t stop liking you. (but I may start practicing Jedi skills in your direction…”You want to watch Star Wars…You will like Star Wars…“)
5. Typing a post out on my phone isn’t terribly easy, especially since I turned off auto-capitalisation.
6. Eek…just barely shifted my leg and the demons in my abdomen are trying to decide if they’re going to upgrade the level 4 to a level 5.
7. LOOK AT THE PRECIOUS ANGEL BABY!
8. Wonder if I can use my Jedi powers to fetch the ibuprofen…
Sometimes, the best that can be said about a day, is that I got through it in one piece. If today had walls, I’m pretty sure there would be fingernail claw marks on those walls. And why is this?
Well, today was one week since I had the big root canal. Woot woot. I had a pretty bad reaction to the meds I got sent home on, so I’ve been treating the pain with copious amounts of ibuprofen. Now, if you know anything about ibuprofen, taking copious amounts of it for long periods of time is not exactly recommended. So, over the last three days I’ve been working to wean myself off the ibuprofen, and today I decided to try to go cold turkey. It actually went better than expected. The pain is pretty much down to a dull ache, which is totally tolerable. The only really rough moment came when I decided to try to chew gum. Yeah, that was quite painful. On the plus side, Dr. Pepper bubblegum actually does taste like Dr. Pepper. Pain wise the day was okay. Emotionally, the day stunk.
This always happens the first day I go cold turkey after being on meds. I so rarely have to take meds, I really don’t handle them well. Basically, the first day off, my emotions go completely bonkers. Everything feels very extreme. I always feel completely worthless (which I’m not). I always feel like everyone one hates me (which they don’t). I get really shaky and feel like I’m going to burst into tears any moment. It’s a nasty cycle. Fortunately, the first day is always the worst. Tomorrow will be better.
In other news, today was the first of April, which means the first Camp NaNoWriMo of the year has officially started. And I have officially written ZERO words. Go me. I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to write about, but I’m sure something will come to me eventually. It’s more about the exercise of writing than anything. Although, I’m currently feeling like this when I face the blank paper I’m attempting to fill with words…