This is it. As of 2:35 this morning, I entered my last year of my twenties.
It seems like the majority of people dread the end of their twenties. Thirty seems to be a death sentence. I, however, don’t see it that way. My twenties sucked. There were definite positive moments, and I’ve made some incredible friends; but overall the whole twenties thing was less than impressive.
So, since it is the end of a decade, it seems like I should put some actual work into becoming the woman I want to be, and not just keep thinking, “Yeah, I’ll do it later.” Here are a few things I intend to work on this coming year:
1. Exercise consistently. I’m really bad at this. I’ll do a few weeks faithfully, and then a month will go by before I exercise again. Not a solid life plan.
2. Eat healthier. This one should be simpler than it is. Mostly, I’m very rebellious, and I don’t really want to eat right, even though it’s what’s best for me.
3. Update my blog more frequently. I have this, I really should use it more than once every month and a half.
4. Read more new material. Raise your hand if you’ve read Lord of the Rings more than ten times…twenty times..thirty times…Wait, am I the only one with my hand still up? How many times have I read it, you may ask? Well, the truth is, I know it’s more than thirty, but I really don’t know. I was super obsessed for many years. I need to force myself to get some fresh material in the mix. Suggestions welcome.
5. At least make an attempt to show people I care about what’s going on in their life. I really struggle to let people know I care. My heart will be breaking on the inside, but on the outside, I’m usually a jerk. It’s not intentional, I just have some lousy social skills.
6. Clean my room and unpack. This is more than a little embarrassing. I’ve never really unpacked from moving home. I have lots of boxes that I’ve been refusing to deal with.
7. Work on looking more feminine. Something else I really struggle with. Looking attractive terrifies me. I’m sure that seems silly, but it really does freak me out.